Spotify For Academics
- DeepDyve: This is a peer-reviewed journal article database accessible for $40.00 US per month allowing for unlimited reading, similar to a Spotify Premium account. It is important to note that although access is unlimited, you cannot print all of the articles (only 20 pages per month is permitted). Although based primarily on the needs of science, the service has expanded to include business and the social sciences and other content. If you cannot find an article in our databases for free, then you might want to consider searching for it in DeepDyve to discover if there is a low cost access option available.
- For people who need access to more journal content and want to download PDF copies of articles, JPASS is an affordable individual plan that includes access to more than 1,800 archival journals. Individuals who purchase a one-month or one-year plan gain unlimited reading access and limited downloading of all articles in the JPASS Collection. Please note, although this model allows access to journals, they are primarily accessible online. You are limited to the number of journal articles for printing or saving. However, it is still an affordable option for $20 dollars per month.
The purpose of this guide is to provide information about commercial document delivery services for students who are unable to locate or access resources they require for their coursework or their research.
*Tips before contacting one of these sources:
- Provide as complete a citation as possible
- Check catalogues of nearby libraries (e.g Toronto Public Library system for Toronto residents, etc.).
- Check Worldcat to see if any libraries close by may carry the book or journal. Find items in libraries near you; 2 billion items are listed in this database and are through a library
- Search Google Scholar . The item you need just may be “open access”.
- Review the Library’s Open Access section.
- Fees for some of the Document Delivery services below may be in US Funds.
Please note, the commercial providers in this guide are independent and not connected in any way to Yorkville University.
Offers one of the most comprehensive collections of academic and professional research articles online – some 5 million articles from 13,500 publications. Ingenta Connect provides researchers with online access to the full text of electronic articles, through online purchase of individual articles, or through subscriptions to publications. Rates – Buy access to individual articles through pay per view. Article royalty fees are set by the individual publisher, together with an Ingenta Connect delivery charge. Ingenta Connect delivery fees are $13 (US Funds). Ingenta Connect accepts all major credit cards and PayPal.
Research Solutions retrieves journal articles, book chapters, conference proceedings, patents and all other material held in public library facilities. Offers regular and ASAP/Rush services. Every document delivered is copyright compliant, and full-color copies are available.
Scientific, technical and medical journal articles, book chapters and conference proceedings. Provide access to scholarly content and other documents.
Division of Copyright Clearance Center
CCC’s proprietary database of more than 60 million citations, comprising the world’s largest collection of scientific, technical and medical (STM) content.
ProQuest Dissertation Publishing provides the most comprehensive collection of dissertations and theses in the world. Researchers may use the Dissertation Express online ordering system to quickly obtain a copy of a title.