Sometimes a link from a course site (syllabus) can be problematic for any number of technical reasons. In such cases, we ask students to do the following:
- Right click the link, and open in a different tab.
- Try using a different web browser.
- Clear the browser’s ‘cache’ ( you can send a tech ticket to ASK YU if you want help with that process)
- Go directly to the Library site to access the article. For example, if it is an EBSCOProvider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, ebooks and discovery services reading link, you go to the library site, access EBSCOProvider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, ebooks and discovery services database, search for the title. The article will be available, so you can find it in the library. https://library.yorkvilleu.ca/home/
- Persistent Challenge: If this problem is happening with ‘all’ your links from a course site, then you’d want to consult with a Tech person at Ask YU