It will be necessary for you to develop and improve your information searching skills as an integral part of the research process. This will not only help you in your studies but also in the task of life-long learning, as you become a professional. Understanding how to search properly and evaluate information is known as Information Literacy…and just like learning a language, you will need to develop fluency over time and with experience. There are many reasons for developing your research skills:
- To identify key resources in your area of research, such as databases, journals, etc.
- To learn how to navigate, conduct basic and advanced searches for important research.
- To find out what experts have written about the subject.
- To support your ideas in a logical, evidence-based manner.
- To gain more marks for your assignments by clearly demonstrating that you have researched the subject