Yorkville University has a small but growing list of ebooks. All but one are universally accessible. Here are some key instructions for accessing an ebook.
1) Searching for an Ebook using Discovery
The primary way to identify an ebook is by means of a simple search of our Discovery ServiceSearch tool that covers the entire library collection. search option. This searches across our entire library collection. Click here for instructions
2) Browsing Ebooks in “EBSCOProvider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, ebooks and discovery services Academic” database.
- Go to the Library homepage site and Select “EBSCOProvider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, ebooks and discovery services Academic”.
- Do not select “Continue”, but scroll down the screen and select “ebook Collection”
- Browse or search for the desired ebook title and select the link.
3) Accessing an Ebook
- To access an ebook anytime, you select the PDFPortable Document Format, a type of file commonly used to share or print documents and forms. button. You don’t have to ‘download’ or ‘sign out’ the book.
- If you want to read the book offline, that does require the use of the download option, and further instructions.
- Download a free copy of Adobe Digital Editions for your computer.
- Then, you have to create your own account within EBSCOProvider of research databases, e-journals, magazine subscriptions, ebooks and discovery services using the “sign in” option. This will involve you selecting your own user name and password options.